Wishing to include as much multimedia as possible inside your map? Well, Orbitist makes it easy to do so for Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, and more... but Instagram can be a little bit tricky. Here's a quick tutorial to guide you:
USING INSTAGRAM WITH ORBITIST
1. Once you've found a photo on Instagram that you want to incorporate into your map, look for the embed code by clicking on the three dots in the corner of the post.
2. Click on the "Embed" button, and copy the link.
3. Now head back to your map, and click on the point in which you want the Instagram image. Click on the peach "Edit point" button, and choose the "Body" tab on the left side, instead of the Mutlimedia tab.
4. Scroll down a bit and click on the "Switch to plain text editor" option.
5. Paste the embed code into the field, and press the blue "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
Note: Orbitist doesn't recognize emojis or non-text characters, so if your chosen Instagram post includes them, delete them from inside the text field. The emojis will still appear in the post.
You've successfully incorporated Instagram into your map!
If you have any questions, e-mail [email protected].