Orbitist uses multimedia production, data visualization, and web development to help people understand and explore the world. We're looking for a part-time creative director to help us turn complicated subjects into compelling stories.
In this position you'll be in charge of directing multimedia projects from start to finish. You'll gain an in-depth understanding of the topic at hand, facilitate brainstorm sessions, establish a compelling narrative, produce storyboards, and direct our producers and editors to bring your vision into reality. You'll keep team members on track and on time. You'll work with our clients to ensure that our productions meet their requirements.
- At least 5 years of experience directing creative projects.
- Excellent grammar and a track record of strong writing.
- Self-directed with the ability to work remotely.
- Knowledge of Google Docs, Google Hangouts, Dropbox, Slack, Trello, Toggl and other cloud-based productivity apps.
- Video production experience especially using Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Web publishing or basic web development experience.
- Social media management experience.
Working for Orbitist
We're a distributed company which gives us the advantage of being in many places at the same time. This is great for our clients and it's great for our people.
At Orbitist, we believe that people work best when they are given freedom over their own time and place. We value creativity and amazing results... not busyness. If you're the kind of person who does your best work at 2 a.m., then we want you to work at 2 a.m. If a mid-day nap gets your creative juices flowing, then we want you to take a siesta. If you want to pump out a game-changing production by 11 so you can be on the ski slopes by 2... you'll fit in great here.
If you expect a list of tasks to be accomplished on a daily basis, this isn't going to work.